Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros and Cons

Well living in Ohio is definitely different then living in Washington.
WA has: mountains, large bodies of water, rain most of the year, Starbucks at every corner, usually mild summers, and my friends and family.
OH has: flat land, some hills, humidity, storms all the time, lots of close shopping places, tornadoes, nice people, and the opportunity to go on vacations.
One thing that has changed my mind about the flatness here is that you can see the sunrises and sunsets so much better than with the mountains in the way. I miss looking at the colors the mountains turn from the sunrises/sets but its gorgeous to see the color as far as you can see!
I do miss having a close relationship with people though. Since I am not in WA anymore I have lost some of those relationships. Here in OH I have not been here long enough (i guess) to get the trust of people. Its hard. I am a people person. I love being around people. That's just who I am. But its hard to do that here. Not being invited to things (excluding all youth group events) doesn't help either. But I guess its kind of my fault. I could have made more of an effort to make friends by inviting them to do things and then that would have opened a window for them to perhaps feel more comfortable around me. I don't know. This is just me thinking through why and how come.
I also am at a disadvantage though. I graduate this year and so my fellow seniors that I have been trying to befriend will be heading off to college soon and that relationship will end. And then there's the other people in the youth group that I have been trying to befriend. What will happen to that relationship since I will no long be in the youth group? Will the relationship that I have been trying to build with those people dwindle away also? Goodness. Maybe I shouldn't think about this anymore. It's kind of a downer.
I really don't have anything left in my head to say on this subject.
This really does go along with the title of my blog. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment